DAAD-Chat on 8th June 2011 – Visa Regulations

in DAAD, moderierte chats |

Students from most non-EU countries will need a visa if they want to study in Germany. There is a range of possible choices beginning with the Schengen Visa for short stays of up to three months for applicants interested in summer or other short-term courses. Students interested in full programmes and postgraduates will need to apply for a regular student visa. What kind of visa will I need? Where and how can I apply? What paperwork and documents should I have ready for the application process? Are there any financial preconditions? Can I apply before being admitted to a German university?

Chat and discuss your questions in English or German using talk42 Software with our experts, Daniela Gräber (Section for Visa Law at the Federal Foreign Office) and Gunnar Schneider (Section for Visa Law at the Federal Foreign Office), Wednesday, 8th June 2011, 4-5pm CEST.

Please be aware that Ms Gräber and Mr Schneider are experts on visa regulations. If you have more general questions about studying in Germany, please use the DAAD Contact Form or post your question on our Facebook profile. If you are interested in scholarships, we recommend the DAAD scholarship overview.

Kommentare geschlossen

« »